As I planned my holiday series, I noticed that I actually am okay in the turkey department. I mean, goodness, I actually have AT LEAST FIVE turkey recipes available. I did, however, realize that I didn’t have enough options for those of you that do not like turkey, or simply want an alternative. This Apple Glazed Holiday Chicken recipe is perfect! It’s affordable to make, it’s perfect for small and large groups (you can always make more than one!), and it’s FOOLPROOF.
Check out the Apple Glazed Holiday Chicken recipe and video down below!
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Apple Glazed Holiday Chicken
- Clean the chicken thoroughly, and remove all contents from the cavity.
- Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel, then rub the chicken down with salted butter. I also added butter in the cavity.
- Sprinkle on the salt-free seasoning. Make sure you season the whole chicken ( inside and out).
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the apple, then tie the legs of chicken with butcher string.
- Place the chicken in a well-oiled dish with the breast up (or down if you prefer).
- Bake the chicken on 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and brush the apple juice concentrate onto the chicken.
- Place the chicken bake into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes, then serve!