Homemade moist sweet potato muffins just like Grandma used to make!
Calling all muffin lovers – especially the ones that have been asking me to post more easy muffin recipes. In this post I’m going to be sharing one of my all time favorite muffin recipes. I’ll be showing you how to make the most moist homemade sweet potato muffins!
This easy muffin recipe is made with basic ingredients such as sweet potatoes, all purpose flour, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg. All the ingredients combined make a thick and creamy muffin batter, and once the muffins are done, they are extremely moist.
These moist sweet potato muffins can be served for breakfast, a snack, or as a yummy side for dinner. Eat plain, or slather on some butter with a little drizzled honey, and you are good to go!
Share & save this PIN on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below & be sure to subscribe to my mailing list for more free recipes
Moist Sweet Potato Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes rinsed & scrubbed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place the sweet on a bake dish, then place in the oven.
- Bake the sweet potatoes until tender, then scrap out the meat of the potatoes.
- Whip the potatoes until nice and creamy, then set to the side until it's cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk until everything is well combined.
- In an another bowl, combine the oil, whipped sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and fold to combine. ( batter will be thick!)
- Using a scoop or 1/4 measuring cup, spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean
- Let cool.
- Serve & enjoy!
Check out these recipe as well!