Sweet Potato Cheesecake with a gingersnap cookie crust and drizzled with a rich Praline candied topping, Need I say anymore hunny?! 😀
Last month when I asked my followers on Facebook, what they’d liked me to make during the holidays ( I think that was the question 😐 ) One of my sweeties made a very SPECIFIC request. She wanted me to make a Sweet Potato Cheesecake WITH a Gingersnap Crust! While I read her request, my husband was standing behind me, and obviously reading as well because he immediately shouted out ” BABY YOU HAVE TO MAKE THAT!!!! AND TELL WHOEVER REQUESTED IT THAT I APPRECIATE THEM!” LOL.. almost immediately I wrote Jackie back, and told her that I would indeed answer that request! I mean how could I not? It sounded too darn good to to not make, and let’s not forget that my hubby was all in my ear about it! LOL!
When it came to this cheesecake, I kept is really simple. I wanted to make sure that all of you all could make this without a headache, so instead of using a spring pan, I used a pie pan. It’s much easier to remove the cheesecake in my opinion. Also, I realize that not a lot of people have spring pans.
So for the Sweet Potato part, you can use canned sweet potatoes ( like I did…. ain’t no shame in my game baby!) OR you can boil, or bake a fresh sweet potato. It really doesn’t matter. Do whatever your preference is.
For my cheesecake, I add scoops of the sweet potatoes to the cheesecake, then lightly mixed it in. If you are not a fan of the two textures, you CAN definitely mix the sweet potatoes with the cheesecake filling!
Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Praline Topping
- 2 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies crushed
- 3 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract yes 1 TBSP! LOL
Sweet Potato Mixture
- 1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 1 cup toasted and crushed pecans
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the gingersnap crumbs, and butter.
- Mix until well combined. Spray a pie pan with baking spray, then add in the gingersnap crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the pie pan, and form a crust.
- Bake the crust on 350 F, for 5 minutes, then let cool.
- Place the cream cheese into a large bowl, and begin to mix until the cream cheese is light and fluffy.
- Pour in 3/4 granulated sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Next, add in 3 eggs, mix, then add in 1 TBSP of vanilla extract, and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add in the mashed sweet potatoes, 3 tbsp melted butter, 1 egg, and mix. Next sprinkle in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth!
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pie pan, then add in scoops of the sweet potato mixture. Use a kitchen utensil to make swirls.
- Bake the cheesecake on 350 F for 30-35 minutes.
- Once the cheesecake is done, set it to the side, and let it cool.
- Meanwhile place 4 tbsp of butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup heavy cream into a large saucepan.
- Mix the ingredients, then place the pan over medium-high heat. Let the mixture bubble over the medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Toast the pecans in a small pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Toss the pecan into the sugar and cream mixtures, and mix.
- Remove the praline sauce from the heat, and add in the 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix well!
- Pour the praline sauce all over the cheesecake, and let cool.
- Once the topping is cool, cover the cheesecake, and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Serve the cheesecake and enjoy!!!