If you love classic pumpkin cheesecake, you’re going to love my Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. These bars make the perfect fall, and Thanksgiving dessert!
A Simple and Easy Recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars!
Hey Cousins!! You are definitely in for a treat. In this post we’re making delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars. These fall themed bars are full of pumpkin flavor. We make a simple crust made with a cups of graham cracker crumbs, and combine our pumpkin filling with a cheesecake filling. This results in having a marble like pumpkin cheesecake filling!
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS INGREDIENTS
- graham crackers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- sour cream( used instead of the usual whipped cream )
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
- cup all-purpose flour
- tsp pumpkin pie spice; includes, ground nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and more spices.
- packed light brown sugar
- large egg; whites & yolks used
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- canned pumpkin puree
EASY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
For this recipe you can use use graham cracker sheets or graham cracker crumbs( about 1 1/2 cup crumbs). Since regular graham crackers are less expensive, I usually use them. I simply crumble to graham crackers into a large bowl, then combine them with melted butter, until it reaches a crumbling moist texture, then I spread it out in a thin layer.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS
To get started, you want to make sure that your ingredients are at room temperature. Do not attempt to use any frozen or extra cold ingredients, because the will not mix well. You want to be sure to have a nice smooth cheesecake filling , so be sure to make sure that you thaw the cream cheese, and butter before hand.
In a small bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, egg( the egg yolk, and white part), vanilla and pumpkin.
Set aside ¾ cup of the pumpkin mix and pour the rest on top of the prepared crust.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese( I use brick-style cream cheese) , sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt.
Pour on top of the pumpkin mixture in your pan.
Spoon the rest of your pumpkin mixture on top of the cheesecake.
Using a knife or toothpick, lightly swirl around the top, creating a pretty swirl of the cheesecake and pumpkin.
Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool completely in the pan, then slice into bars.
DO I HAVE TO USE A WATER BATH?
Usually when making a cheesecake, it’s required that you have to do a water bath to prevent the cheesecake from cracking. Luckily, we don’t have to do that step for this recipe!
CAN PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BE FROZEN?
You can certainly bake, then freeze these pumpkin cheesecake bars. They hold up quite well in the freezer. If you’d simply like to save leftovers for a couple of days, simply cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, then place it the refrigerator.
Let’s get right to it!
Print the recipe below, and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list, and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
While you’re here, check out some of my other pumpkin recipes!
NUTELLA PUMPKIN FUDGE BROWNIES
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 1 stick butter melted
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 15 oz. canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a 9X13 pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Prepare the base:
- Finely crush the graham crackers and melt the butter, mix together. Press the mixture into the bottom of your pan, using your hand spread out a thin layer.
- Prepare the pumpkin bars:
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Set aside ¾ cup of the pumpkin mix and pour the rest on top of the prepared crust.
- Prepare the Cheesecake:
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Pour on top of the pumpkin mixture in your pan.
- Spoon the rest of your pumpkin mixture on top of the cheesecake.
- Using a knife or toothpick, lightly swirl around the top, creating a pretty swirl of the cheesecake and pumpkin.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in the pan, then cut into bars.
- Serve & enjoy
Leave a Comment