Delicious semi homemade pumpkin cinnamon rolls, slathered with cream cheese frosting. Are you hungry yet?!
Hey y’all! As you know, I’ve been sharing all types of pumpkin recipes this fall. I’ve shared a recipe for pumpkin spice lattes, and even pumpkin cheesecake bars. Well, I have yet another amazing pumpkin recipe for you. This time we’re making pumpkin cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting!
This recipe is super easy because instead of making the rolls from scratch, we’re going to cheat a bit by using crescent rolls!That’s right! No fooling around with yeast, resting the dough, none of that! We’re keeping everything nice and simple.
The only thing that we will be making homemade will be the cream cheese frosting, and that part is extremely easy.
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Be sure to try this recipe, and tell me what you think. Also Follow me on Facebook!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can crescent rolls
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 3 tbsp milk 3 tbsp will make it runnier, 1 tbsp will make it more like frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9” pie pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent roll dough.
- Firmly press perforations to seal, making it one large sheet.
- Spread pumpkin puree evenly over the dough.
- Evenly sprinkle brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice over the pumpkin puree.
- Starting on the short side of the rectangle, roll the dough up into a log.
- Cut the roll into about 8-9 pieces and place into a baking dish.
- (TIP: Use a piece of unflavored dental floss, tie it around the log, pull tight and it will give you a nice cinnamon roll slice without the squish)
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until turning lightly golden at the edges.
- Let it cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, butter and milk. If the frosting is too thick, add a little more milk and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over the pumpkin cinnamon rolls when they have cooled.
- These are best when they are warm!
- Serve & enjoy!
Check out these recipes as well!