How to make homemade caramel pecan cinnamon rolls from scratch!
A Simple Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
Who loves moist & fluffy cinnamon rolls as much as I do?! Well, apparently a lot of you! The other day I posted a picture on my instagram of a caramel pecan cinnamon roll that I purchased from Cinnabon, and it truly started something! Several people asked me to make it. So here I am, a week later, with my recipe for homemade caramel pecan cinnamon rolls!
While you’re here, check out some of my other cinnamon roll recipes!
SWEET POTATO PIE CINNAMON ROLLS
ORANGE ROLLS WITH ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
I use my stand mixer for this cinnamon roll recipe, but you can do it the old fashioned way if you’d like.
These rolls are drizzled with homemade icing, and store bought caramel sauce( yup… everything else was homemade- so I cheated with the caramel sauce y’all! Gimme a break! LMBO!)
This cinnamon roll recipe is quite easy. It’s just time consuming if anything. BUT it is so darn worth it!
Print out the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list for more recipes! Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
Check out my video tutorial, and watch me make these delicious caramel pecan cinnamon rolls
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 1/2 cups of cake flour
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz evaporated milk warm
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 0.75 oz package of active dry yeast fast acting
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- 1/2-3/4 cup caramel sauce
- Pour the warm water into a mixing bowl, then sprinkle in the yeast, and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Mix until well combined then, let sit for about 7 minutes, or until the yeast foams.
- Next pour in the warm evaporated milk.
- Add in the vegetable oil, salt, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, and egg.
- Mix the ingredients using a hand or stand mixer.
- Now remove the mixing blade, and replace with the dough hooks.
- Turn on to a low speed ( between 1-3), and slow start adding in the flour. Add about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once the dough has form, remove it from the bowl, and set to the side.
- Lightly oil the bowl, then place the dough back into the bowl, and cover with a clean towel.
- Put the dough in a warm place, and let rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- Next, punch the middle of the dough ( to remove air).
- Flatten the dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Now in a large bowl combine 1 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix until well combined, then slather on top of the dough.
- Roll up the dough, then cut in desired size rolls.
- Lightly butter a bake dish, then add in the rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool.
- In a medium size bowl combine 2 tbsp butter, and 2 oz of cream cheese.
- Mix well, then add in 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 3 tbsp milk.
- Add in the powdered sugar, and mix until creamy.
- Sprinkle the pecans onto the rolls, then drizzle on the icing, and caramel.
- Serve & enjoy!!
Beverly Faison says
I’m getting ready to bake your strawberry shortcake next the cinnamon rolls. I love watching your videos I already made your caramel cake and it came out just right. But I’m looking for a recepie for chicken spice can you please help me.
Hi Beverly! Chicken spice? like seasoning?
Your cinnamon rolls look soooo much better that the pop out ones in the grocery store. I have always been afraid of using yeast, but you made it look less intimidating. Thanks for sharing!!!! Hope to try real soon.
Hi Kim! It’s pretty easy, and soooo delicious! Definitely give it a try 😀
Tina Constantine says
I just love your recipes ! The food is what I can make and what my family likes to eat
Thank you I look forward each day to see what your are cooking up
Thanks Tina from Maine
Hi Tina! I have many more to come, so stay tuned!
Thankyou Rosie you always got me covered weather it breakfast, lunch, dinner or holidays.and even desserts I loved your soulful preacher cobbler. I can’t wait to try cimmamon roll. What are you cooking for easter 2017.
Hi Veronica! I’m glad that you’re enjoying my recipes! I’m going to post a sample Easter menu in a few days 🙂
Demetria Fisher says
This looks so delicious.
Is it possible to use all purpose flour?
You can try all purpose flour 🙂
Tiffany H says
My daughter who is nine made these tonight with minimal assistance from me. They turned out delicious. Next time I just have to make sure I roll the dough a little tighter. But overall very good and easy to follow recipe.
Thanks for trying my recipe. Happy holidays!
If you do not have a big mixer with the dough hook what type of mixer I can use to mix the dough for the cinnamon rolls. Thanks
You can use your hands.
Mary Ann Thomps says
Rosie, can you make this the night before and refrigerate and then slice and bake the next morning?
You sure can!
Millican Pecan says
Wowzer! This is crazy good. …and your pictures; LOVE THEM! I was hoping to use pecan meal/flour as a gluten-free option (one daughter is gluten intolerant) but I think it may not be delicate enough. Usually it is a good substitute for all-purpose flour but I am not sure about cake flour. Either way, thanks for sharing this great recipe. We are always looking for great pecan recipes out there and you nailed it!
I need a rice pudding
Michelle Huey says
Just made these for breakfast with bacon and coffee as your new book suggested!! Girl!!! Your cookbook is the best. I’m waiting on your next one!