How to make homemade caramel pecan cinnamon rolls from scratch!
Who loves moist & fluffy cinnamon rolls as much as I do?! Well, apparently a lot of you! The other day I posted a picture on my instagram of a caramel pecan cinnamon roll that I purchased from Cinnabon, and it truly started something! Several people asked me to make it. So here I am, a week later, with my recipe for homemade caramel pecan cinnamon rolls!
I use my stand mixer for this cinnamon roll recipe, but you can do it the old fashioned way if you’d like.
These rolls are drizzled with homemade icing, and store bought caramel sauce( yup… everything else was homemade- so I cheated with the caramel sauce y’all! Gimme a break! LMBO!)
This cinnamon roll recipe is quite easy. It’s just time consuming if anything. BUT it is so darn worth it1
Check out my video tutorial, and watch me make these delicious caramel pecan cinnamon rolls
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 1/2 cups of cake flour
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz evaporated milk warm
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 0.75 oz package of active dry yeast fast acting
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- 1/2-3/4 cup caramel sauce
- Pour the warm water into a mixing bowl, then sprinkle in the yeast, and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Mix until well combined then, let sit for about 7 minutes, or until the yeast foams.
- Next pour in the warm evaporated milk.
- Add in the vegetable oil, salt, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, and egg.
- Mix the ingredients using a hand or stand mixer.
- Now remove the mixing blade, and replace with the dough hooks.
- Turn on to a low speed ( between 1-3), and slow start adding in the flour. Add about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Once the dough has form, remove it from the bowl, and set to the side.
- Lightly oil the bowl, then place the dough back into the bowl, and cover with a clean towel.
- Put the dough in a warm place, and let rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- Next, punch the middle of the dough ( to remove air).
- Flatten the dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Now in a large bowl combine 1 1/2 stick of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Mix until well combined, then slather on top of the dough.
- Roll up the dough, then cut in desired size rolls.
- Lightly butter a bake dish, then add in the rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool.
- In a medium size bowl combine 2 tbsp butter, and 2 oz of cream cheese.
- Mix well, then add in 2 tsp vanilla extract, and 3 tbsp milk.
- Add in the powdered sugar, and mix until creamy.
- Sprinkle the pecans onto the rolls, then drizzle on the icing, and caramel.
- Serve & enjoy!!