Here is an amazing recipe for you to enjoy this fall. It’s a little time consuming, BUT it is worth all the time and effort. Definitely try this recipe, and save it for the upcoming holidays!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 4 1/2 tsp OR 2 25 oz envelopes of active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cup flour sifted
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup and 2 tsp of white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large fuji apple diced
- 1 medium granny smith diced
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp half and half
- Pour 1/4 cup of warm water into a large bowl. Sprinkle in 2 tsp of granulated sugar, and stir. Next sprinkle in the dry yeast. Stir, and let sit for 8 minutes of until it foams.
- Sift together the flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp salt.
- Pour the yeast ( which should look like foam) into a large mixing bowl, and add in the milk, vegetable oil, and apple juice. Mix.
- Now it's time to mix the wet ingredients with the dry. DO NOT add all of the flour to the wet ingredients at once. Add one cup at a time, and use a fork to combine the ingredients. Mix the ingredients until it forms into dough.
- Lightly flour a flat surface, and knead the dough flour about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, and cover. Let the dough rest for 40 minutes.
- Flatten out the dough.
- Place 1/2 cup softened butter, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 tsp ground cinnamon into a bowl. Mix until it's nice and creamy.
- Slather the butter mixture on the surface of the dough, and sprinkle the diced apples on top.
- Roll up the dough, jelly roll style, then cut into 1 inch sections.
- Grease a 9 X 13 bake dish, and place the rolls into the dish.
- Once all the rolls are in the bake dish, use your hands hands to lightly press the rolls down.
- Place the rolls into a preheated oven set on 375 F, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once the rolls are done pull them out of the oven.
- In a sauce pan, melt down 1/4 cup of butter. Add in 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 3 tbsp of half and half. Boil over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle caramel over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this with a cup of coffee or milk. Tell me what you think down below 🙂