I love cinnamon rolls, and I always have. The problem is, everywhere I see them, they cost entirely too much. Sure, they taste good enough for me to want to splurge some times, but is it really worth it? Why should I spend $3.75 for one dang cinnamon roll when I can make about 9 of them for under $5. It just doesn’t make sense to spend my hard earned money on a “fresh” bakery cinnamon roll, if I can make it at home. I came up with a recipe for quick and easy cinnamon rolls. It’s beyond simple, and you can make it in very little time. No need to break out the flour and baking soda, we will be using refrigerated canned biscuits for our dough. I used a generic brand (are you shocked?). Also we are making a homemade cream cheese frosting, and I think you will be surprised on how easy it is to make.
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out all my cookbooks! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Open container of biscuits.
- Sprinkle surface and rolling pin with all-purpose flour. Quickly and lightly knead biscuit dough in a bit of the flour. Roll the biscuit dough into a flat rectangle.
- Smooth butter over dough.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar on top of butter. Pat down.
- Roll dough.
- Slice rolled dough in 1 to 1-1/2 inch rolls.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a buttered 8 x 8 pan, making sure they are touching.
- Place pan in preheated 350 degree oven, for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- While still warm, generously frost the cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy.
If you enjoyed my Easy Cinnamon Rolls, try some of my other breakfast recipes!
Watch my video for directions on how to make these Easy Cinnamon Rolls!