How to make your own Maple Bacon Donuts at home! A simple yeast donut with a sweet maple glaze, topped with candied bacon bits.
Bring the Maple Bacon Donuts Fad Home with This Easy Recipe
“Where can I buy a maple bacon donut?”… No need to search for that anymore, because I’m going to share this easy maple bacon donut recipe that anyone could make!
Are you crazy about maple bacon donuts? I know I am! I remember when I had first heard of them I was online trying to find where I could find a maple bacon donut near me. Seriously, I didn’t care about the calories (warning, if you want to enjoy this treat – don’t search for ” maple bacon donut calories” LOL!! You really don’t want to know how many calories are in a maple bacon donut!).
Try this easy maple bacon donut recipe and let me know what you think!
Be sure to Save & share this mable mable bacon donut recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my mailing list and YouTube channel to never miss a recipe update!
Maple Bacon Donuts Recipe
- 1 can Biscuit Dough
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cooked bacon strips for topping
- Heat oil in a dutch oven or large pot to 375 degrees on medium low heat.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, syrup, and extract in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Open the refrigerated biscuit container and separate biscuits. Gently pull them into an oblong shape. If desired, cut off ends to make rectangle shape.
- Place 2 paper towels on a wire rack or plate where you will place donuts when they come out of the hot oil.
- Working in batches, gently place 2 bars into hot oil. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove and place on paper towel to drain. Repeat with rest of the dough.
- Once all of the donuts have been fried, place on wire rack.
- For best results, eat immediately.