Easy lemon loaf pound cake, and it tastes better than
Starbuck’s lemon loaf cake recipe!
An Easy, Semi-homemade Lemon Loaf Pound Cake Recipe!
I love Starbucks Lemon Loaf recipe, but I actually have a recipe that is even better! This lemon loaf pound cake is so amazing, it gives Starbucks a run for their money!
Making this easy lemon loaf if extremely simple because we cheat by using lemon cake mix! That’s right no making anything from scratch, you can skip the headache. The only thing we’re making from scratch for this lemon loaf pound cake will be the icing/glaze.
The glaze that we drizzle of this lemon loaf pound cake is the bomb! It’s made with fresh lemon juice, as well as sugar, and lemon zest.
I DO NOT use store bought lemon juice for this moist and delicious lemon loaf recipe. I use fresh lemons. It tastes so much better than the store bought stuff!
Be sure to try out this lemon loaf pound cake, and tell me what you think! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list and find me on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more recipes!
While you’re here, check out my other pound cake recipes!
Lemon Loaf Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a loaf pan with a non-stick spray, shortening or butter and a dusting of flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, instant pudding, eggs, water, oil and lemon zest until well combined.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the Lemon Glaze while waiting for the bread to cool.
- If you want a thicker glaze, use the 3 tbsp of FRESH lemon juice (don’t use the store bought lemon juice), add more lemon juice if you want a thinner consistency.
- Drizzle over the bread.
- Serve and enjoy!