Lemon Ice Cream Cake Made with Just a Few Ingredients. This Recipe is Super Simple!
A Quick and Easy Lemon Ice Cream Cake Recipe!
Lemon ice cream cake! How amazing does that sound? I swear I love lemon desserts, especially during the spring & summer months; however, when it’s too hot, I prefer not to bake. In this post I’m going to show you how to make an easy lemon ice cream cake with just a few ingredients!
This recipe includes a store bought lemon cake. So no worries if you’re not the best baker! Feel free to use your favorite store brand or bakery lemon cake.
I used vanilla ice cream, but you can certainly use another flavor if you choose.
I love blueberries, so I decided to include them. You can use strawberries, raspberries or even peaches! Simply use whatever fruit you’d like.
While you’re here, check out some of my other cake recipes!
Again, this cake is super easy. Definitely give this recipe a try!
Print this recipe and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more recipes. Check out my new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with never-before-seen recipes!
Easy Lemon Ice Cream Cake
- 1 13 ounce lemon pound cake
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ cups of cool whip
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- Slice pound cake length wise in half, then proceed to cut the halves in half once more to create four slices.
- In a plastic wrap lined bread pan add in the first cake slice, top with a third pint of ice cream, continue layering cake and ice cream.
- Wrap cake with plastic wrap and freeze a minimum of six hours.
- Unwrap cake and place on a platter, quickly frost with cool whip and blueberries. You can either serve right away, or freeze until it’s ready to serve.