This Sweet White Wine Pound Cake is a thick, moist cake that is made with Cellars Wine Club’s sweet white wine and finished with a delicate wine icing. Beautifully decorated with fresh berries and mint leaves, it’s perfect for special events.
Hey cousins! Guess What? I’ve been messing around in the kitchen and now I have something truly tasty that begs to be shared. Your socks will fall off when you taste this Sweet White Wine Pound Cake. The secret ingredient comes straight from the Cellars Wine Club!
If you haven’t heard of Cellars Wine Club yet, you’re missing out on a great deal. You don’t just get bottles of wine; you go on an adventure into the art of making wine that comes right to your door. If you join Cellars Wine Club, you’ll be able to explore new tastes, learn about new wine areas, and celebrate the skill of the winemaker. Care has been taken to choose each bottle, so you can try both standard and unusual wines.
The fact that we’re using their sweet white wine in this delicious pound cake shows how good they are. This is the kind of wine that doesn’t just go with food; it makes the food taste better and adds something new to it. Think about adding a wine to your desserts that is so rich and tasty that each bite takes you back to the fields where it came from.
The best part is that joining Cellars Wine Club is like joining a family. You’ll be part of a group of wine lovers who enjoy the better things in life. If you sign up for their service, you’ll be able to enjoy carefully chosen wines that go well with meals or help you relax.
Let’s raise a glass to the good life as we sit down to eat this delicious pound cake. “The life where every bite is an adventure and every sip is a tale”. You can sign up for Cellars Wine Club and start your trip with a bottle that might become your new favorite thing to bake with.
If you enjoyed this Sweet White Wine Pound Cake, try some of my other cake recipes!
Of course, the Sweet White Wine Pound Cake recipe is right below. Thanks to the great people at Cellars Wine Club, it’s more than just a cake; it’s a piece of the sweet life.
Drinks and bites that are sweet are welcome!
Ready to join the club?Check out Premium Wine of the Month Club Memberships!
Print this Sweet White Wine Pound Cake recipe, and save it for later!
Sweet White Wine Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons sweet white wine from Cellars Wine Club
- Fresh berries and mint leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the white wine, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine the powdered sugar and sweet white wine in a bowl, adjusting the consistency with more wine or sugar as needed. The icing should be pourable but thick.
- Once the cake is cool, drizzle the icing over the cake.
- If desired, garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves before serving.
Don’t forget to tag and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube, and check out I Heart Soulfood, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie and A Cousin Rosie Holiday with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.