This key lime pound cake is made with fresh fruit juice and zest. It’s completely homemade and perfect for any occasion!
I’ve been getting so many request for a homemade key lime pound cake! I think that the recipe request started pouring in since the beginning of summer 2016. Must admit, that I had to play around with a few recipes, before I could bring you the perfect key lime pound cake. Some of the recipe for this cake we’re kind of “blah”, some we’re good, but I was looking for spectacular. I think one of the best recipes that I tried (before this one anyway) was southern livings key lime pound cake. Although I loved the recipe, I decided to switch out, and add some ingredients to make the perfect key lime cake recipe.
This pound cake is made from scratch. This is not a key lime bundt cake with lime jello. Yeah, it sounds good, but we’re going skip out on the gelatin. For now anyway….
I have plenty of delicious cake recipes to try! Check out these fan favorites:
Southern Lemon Pound Cake
Cherry 7Up Pound Cake
Southern Sock It To Me Cake
Southern Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Save and share my key lime pound cake recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more free recipes!
Key Lime Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter at room temperature unsalted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 7 medium eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp key lime or regular lime zest
- 1/3 cup key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh Key lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine the butter and shortening on medium speed until nice and creamy.
- Slow staring adding in the sugar.
- Add each egg, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with the half & half.
- Reduce the mixers speed from medium to low
- Stir in vanilla extract, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Make sure the batter is even in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until done
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 25 to 30 minutes before removing from the pan
- Combine the ingredients for the icing.
- When the cake is at room temperature, ice the cake.
- Serve & enjoy.
Leave a Comment