This key lime pound cake is made with fresh fruit juice and zest. It’s completely homemade and perfect for any occasion!
I’ve been getting so many request for a homemade key lime pound cake! I think that the recipe request started pouring in since the beginning of summer 2016. Must admit, that I had to play around with a few recipes, before I could bring you the perfect key lime pound cake. Some of the recipe for this cake we’re kind of “blah”, some we’re good, but I was looking for spectacular. I think one of the best recipes that I tried (before this one anyway) was southern livings key lime pound cake. Although I loved the recipe, I decided to switch out, and add some ingredients to make the perfect key lime cake recipe.
This pound cake is made from scratch. This is not a key lime bundt cake with lime jello. Yeah, it sounds good, but we’re going skip out on the gelatin. For now anyway….
I have plenty of delicious cake recipes to try! Check out these fan favorites:
Save and share my key lime pound cake recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more free recipes!
Key Lime Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter at room temperature unsalted
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 7 medium eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp key lime or regular lime zest
- 1/3 cup key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh Key lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine the butter and shortening on medium speed until nice and creamy.
- Slow staring adding in the sugar.
- Add each egg, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with the half & half.
- Reduce the mixers speed from medium to low
- Stir in vanilla extract, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Make sure the batter is even in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes, or until done
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 25 to 30 minutes before removing from the pan
- Combine the ingredients for the icing.
- When the cake is at room temperature, ice the cake.
- Serve & enjoy.