Simple homemade classic lemon bars made with real lemon juice, and a delicious shortbread base!
The Easiest, Tangiest Homemade Lemon Bars Recipe
When I first started my YouTube channel, and blog – homemade lemon bars was one of my first recipes. So many of my viewers loved that recipe. However, when I switched my blog over to a different host, some of my recipes magically disappeared. My recipe for lemon bars from scratch happened to be one of them. I’ve been meaning to post the recipe for years, but it somehow got put on the back burner to other recipes. However, today I am finally going to post my recipe for easy lemon bars!
This recipe is a tad bit different from my original recipe, but no worries. These homemade lemon bars are even better than before! These sweet and tangy lemon bars are simply amazing, and if you’re a lemon lover like me, you’re going to love this recipe for homemade lemon squares!
Share & save this homemade recipe on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below & join my mailing list for more free recipes! Don’t forget to subscibe to my YouTube channel too!
Homemade Lemon Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ground nutmeg, cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture, and mix until it's crumbly .
- Place the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press it down into a even layer.
- Bake the shortbread base for 20-25 minutes,
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
To make the lemon filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the granulated sugar and flour.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour the lemon filling over the shortbread.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-22 minutes or until the lemon filling is set.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool until at room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Sift a little powdered sugar on top.
- Serve & enjoy