Super smooth pumpkin pie with a shortbread crust!
Okay friends, you’re going to have to excuse the lack of picture on this post, as well as my last post. I accidentally deleted several files and etc from my computer ( what the hell was I thinking?!) Anyways, there is a video to go along with this recipe, so you are in luck!!
I know what you’re thinking…. ” pumpkin pie?!…. Everyone is posting pumpkin pie #girlbye ” ! But I promise you that this isn’t your everyday pumpkin pie. As I had stated in the past, I wasn’t a big pumpkin pie fan. I’ve tried a lot of pumpkin pies, but none of them lived up to my expectations. A lot of the pies had way too many spices. Some pies weren’t sweet enough, and others were just boring as heck!!!
My pumpkin pie actually mimics a sweet potato pie. In my opinion ( and everyone else that I serve this pie to), it is the best damn pumpkin pie out there baby!!!!! It has just the right amount of spices, sugar, and it has a shortbread cookie crust!
Give it a try!
Pumpkin Pie with a Shortbread Crust
- In a large bowl add in the pumpkin puree, and two eggs. Whisk them together, then add in the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour in the half & half to pumpkin mixture then stir everything together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add in the cookie crumbs and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Spray a 9x9 pie pan with baking spray, then add in the cookie mixture. Press the cookie mixture into the dish and form a crust.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the pie shell.
- Bake the pie on 350 F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let the pie sit for at least one hour before serving then enjoy!