Cranberry Filled Pie with Orange Zest, and a Shortbread Crust
First off let me apologize for not having a picture of the pie! Thank goodness there is a video available for you all to watch, otherwise this post would be worthless! Anyways, in this post, I’m sharing a super easy recipe that you can enjoy not only for Thanksgiving, but for Christmas as well! I’m making a super easy Cranberry Crumble Pie. This pie only need 5 ingredients! A child could make this pie. I could go on and on, but I will let the video do most of the explaining! Watch below! XOXO
Cranberry Crumble Pie
This delicious cranberry crumble pie is filled with yummy cranberries, orange zest and baked to perfection in a homemade shortbread crust.
Servings 8 servings
- 15-20 butter/ shortbread cookies crumbled down
- 6 tbsp butter softened- melted
- 14 oz whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cup of white cake mix
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the cookie crumbs, and 3 tbsp of softened or melted butter. Use a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Next, spray a 9 inch pie pan with baking spray. Add half of the cookie mixture into the pie pan, and use your fingers to press the crumbs into the dish to form a crust.
- Set the pie crust to the side, and grab a mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberry sauce into the mixing bowl, along with 1/2 cup of the orange juice concentrate. Mix the two ingredients then pour the mixture into the cookie pie shell.
- Add the white cake mix along with the remaining cookie mixture, and 3 tbsp of butter. Mix the ingredients, until it resembles crumbs.
- Spoon out the crumb mixture on top of the cranberry mixture.
- Bake the pie on 350 F, for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven, and let it cool before serving then enjoy!
Leave a Reply