Cranberry Filled Pie with Orange Zest, and a Shortbread Crust
First off let me apologize for not having a picture of the pie! Thank goodness there is a video available for you all to watch, otherwise this post would be worthless! Anyways, in this post, I’m sharing a super easy recipe that you can enjoy not only for Thanksgiving, but for Christmas as well! I’m making a super easy Cranberry Crumble Pie. This pie only need 5 ingredients! A child could make this pie. I could go on and on, but I will let the video do most of the explaining! Watch below! XOXO
Cranberry Crumble Pie
- 15-20 butter/ shortbread cookies crumbled down
- 6 tbsp butter softened- melted
- 14 oz whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 cup of white cake mix
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the cookie crumbs, and 3 tbsp of softened or melted butter. Use a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Next, spray a 9 inch pie pan with baking spray. Add half of the cookie mixture into the pie pan, and use your fingers to press the crumbs into the dish to form a crust.
- Set the pie crust to the side, and grab a mixing bowl.
- Add the cranberry sauce into the mixing bowl, along with 1/2 cup of the orange juice concentrate. Mix the two ingredients then pour the mixture into the cookie pie shell.
- Add the white cake mix along with the remaining cookie mixture, and 3 tbsp of butter. Mix the ingredients, until it resembles crumbs.
- Spoon out the crumb mixture on top of the cranberry mixture.
- Bake the pie on 350 F, for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven, and let it cool before serving then enjoy!