Easy yams recipe made on the stovetop!
By now, you all know how much I love candied yams. So far I’ve shared a best ever yams recipe with marshmallows, and a southern baked yams recipe. This year I’m sharing my recipe for Bourbon Candied yams. However, unlike like previous yam recipes, I will be making these completely on the stovetop.
This recipe is very similar to my previous candied yams recipe, however I use bourbon whiskey, and corn syrup. The bourbon adds flavor, however if you aren’t down with it- you can leave it out.
These yams only take about 45- 50 minutes to make. You can make them a day before your holiday gathering, and simply warm them up over medium heat. This recipe can easily be double tripled, and etc. Just make sure that you have a big enough pot or pan for all your ingredients!
Watch my video tutorial for these amazing bourbon candied yams
- 4 medium sized yams, peeled & chopped
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Add all of the ingredients into a medium sized pot.
- Turn the heat on medium, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Be sure to stir every 10 minutes or so, to make sure that it doesn't burn.
- Reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off completely, and let cool.
- Serve & enjoy!