Homemade crispy fried southern corn fritters that you can enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Southern fried corn fritters… I just love them! I like to serve my corn fritters for dinner with smothered chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. They are just so darn good!
I was looking around on my blog, and couldn’t believe that I didn’t have a recipe post for corn fritters! However, that is about to change.
I’m going to share an amazing southern fried corn fritter that you, and your family will enjoy – And of course, it’s going to be an easy one!
This corn fritter recipe can be adjusted to your taste. So whether you like it sweet or savory, I got your back!
To get started with these corn fritters, we’re going to basically throw everything into a bowl, mix it, and fry the southern corn fritters until they are golden brown. It’s just that easy!
Don’t forget to save this recipe on Pinterest for later!
Be sure to print the recipe, and follow me on Facebook!
Southern Fried Corn Fritters
- 3 cups frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar omit if you prefer a savory fritter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Green onions and sour cream for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the corn, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Add the eggs and heavy whipping cream and stir until well incorporated.
- Fill the bottom of a large skillet with oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- With an ice cream scoop, drop 4-5 scoops of corn fritter batter into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip
- each fritter over and dry for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a plate or pan lined with paper towels.
- Serve warm with sour cream and chopped scallions
- Serve & enjoy!
Check out these recipes as well!