Easy skillet-fried cabbage with bacon made with minimal ingredients. This makes the perfect side dish!
Hey cousins! Many years ago, I shared one of my fried cabbage recipes with y’all. Many of you loved the recipe, and still use it to this very day. However, a few cousins asked if I could share my fried cabbage recipe without using peppers, and broth.
The answer is yes!! Broth, and peppers are definitely an optional addition. I don’t always use make my fried cabbage the exact same way. Sometimes I just like really simple skillet-fried cabbage with bacon and onions.
This cabbage recipe is super easy to make, and you can use any type of cabbage for this recipe.
When it comes to bacon, I like using the fatty bacon ends because it renders more bacon grease. More bacon grease means more flavor for this side dish, in my opinion.
When I make this recipe, I like to pair it with my turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Or maybe make a complete soul food meal with pigs feet, potato salad, and this cabbage.
Try my skillet-fried cabbage with bacon recipe, and tell me what you think!
Skillet Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Add the bacon ends into a large skillet, and place the skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry the bacon ends until most of the fat has rendered, and the bacon is crisp.
- Add in the onions, and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, start adding in the cabbage, and stir in.
- Add more cabbage into the skillet as it cooks downs, until everything is in the skillet.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Fry the cabbage until it's tender, then turn off the heat.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube to see all of my recipe videos, cooking tips, and more! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to keep up with all things Rosie and I Heart Recipes!