This post has been sponsored by The J.M. Smucker Company. I received product and compensation, but all opinions are my
Delicious spice cake filled with bananas & crushed pineapples, and topped with cream cheese frosting!
Old Fashioned Hummingbird Sheet Cake Paired with Folgers Coffee
Hey folks! I’ve got some exciting news! In this post I will be partnering with Folgers, to share one of my favorite recipes that I like to pair with my cup of coffee, which is my famous old fashioned hummingbird sheet cake. Must admit, I’m super excited to be working with Folgers. I mean – come on!! I’ve always loved my Folgers Classic Roast, and I just discovered a few other favorite blends – Coffeehouse and 100% Columbian – YUM! I have a cup of Folgers every morning, with lots of cream, so Folgers is definitely a brand that I absolutely LOVE!
There are so many different desserts that I could pair Folgers with, but I decided to go with my old fashioned hummingbird sheet cake, because it was what I was craving!
As mentioned, I love Folgers Classic Roast, but this recipe is oh so good with the Colombian or the Coffeehouse Blend. The 100% Columbian coffee is a rich and full-bodied medium-dark roast and the Coffeehouse Blend is a medium-dark roast with a distinct, smooth and bold taste.
I can drink coffee anyway, but I usually just have it black when I pair it with my desserts. What about y’all? How do you like your coffee? With cream? How about sugar? Let me know in the comments below!
So back to this cake! This recipe is pretty easy to follow, just make sure that you don’t over mix your cake! If you do it can dry it out.
Print the recipe for my hummingbird cake below, and don’t forget to pair it with a cup of hot coffee! XOXO
My hummingbird sheet cake isn’t the only sweet dessert that pairs well with coffee! Check out these other delicious I Heart Recipes deserts:
Use the recipe card to print out my old fashioned hummingbird cake recipe below! And don’t forget to subscribe to I Heart Recipes on YouTube for more delicious recipes!
Old Fashioned Hummingbird Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup crush pineapple
- 3 medium bananas chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream cheese frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until everything is well combined then set to the side.
- In another large mixing bowl add the eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar. Mix until well combined, then add in the apple sauce, bananas, pineapple, and vanilla. Mix.
- Now slow start adding in the flour mixer, and mix the batter until everything is well combined.
- Once the batter is nice and creamy, set it to the side.
- Lightly butter or oil a 9×13, then pour in the cake batter.
- Place the cake in the oven and let it bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Let the cake cool until it’s at room temperature.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cream cheese frosting, then frost the cake.
- Let the cake sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!