Easy honeybun cake made with yellow cake mix. My family can’t get enough of this cake!
A few weeks ago I asked y’all which desserts you wanted me to upload for the holidays. To my surprise many of you requested an easy moist honeybun cake recipe! Well my loves – I am here, and ready to share this super easy honeybun cake recipe that I have made TWICE this past week, because my family just can’t get enough of this stuff!
Semi-Homemade Honeybun Cake, All Homemade Flavors
For all of my readers that hate from scratch recipes, you’ll be pleased to know that this honeybun cake recipe is made with a box of yellow cake mix. So no worries, you will be able to make this easy moist honeybun cake without any issues!
This recipe will quickly become a family favorite. If you’re making it during the holidays, I suggest making more than one honeybun cake, because it will go fast!
If you loved my semi-homemade honeybun cake, check out these other delicious cake recipes from I Heart Recipes:
Save & share this PIN on Pinterest!
Print the recipe below, and be sure to follow me on Facebook! XOXO
Easy Moist Honeybun Cake
- 15 oz yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9X13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- After the batter is well combine, pour half of it into your prepared pan.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmef and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on top of the batter in your pan, covering the entire area.
- Take the remaining batter and pour it over the brown sugar mixture.
- Using a knife, swirl the top layer of batter and brown sugar mixture together to make a pretty swirl design
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla together.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the icing all over.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve & enjoy!