Easy lasagna made with ground turkey, mozzarella cheese, crushed tomatoes, and Italian herbs.
Hey cousins! I’ve been getting a lot of request for recipes using ground turkey. So in this post I’m going to share my Simple Turkey Lasagna recipe. Unlike many turkey lasagna recipes, this isn’t a turkey lasagna recipe with spinach. I simply use ground turkey, mozzarella cheese, and I make a homemade meat sauce… It’s actually really easy y’all so let’s get right to it!
I know a lot of people always question whether or not the should use ricotta or cottage cheese when making lasagna. I like both, but for this recipe I will be using ricotta cheese. If you choose to make turkey lasagna with cottage cheese, do you.
I guess you can say this is a healthy turkey lasagna recipe, because I use lean ground turkey, very little fat… ACTUALLY, I take that back! I actually add a nice amount of cheese, sooooo yeah! LOL
Be sure to check out my video tutorial for a visual
Simple Turkey Recipe
- 3 lbs ground turkey 85/15
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- (2) 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 medium carrots peeled & diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp Italian season
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 2 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 10-12 cooked lasagna noodles
- Drizzle the olive oil into a large pan, then place over medium high heat. Brown the meat, and drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning salt, black pepper, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning. Stir well.
- Now add in the onions, and carrots. Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, and stir. Next add in the garlic, oregano, and fresh basil.
- Now add in 1 tbsp of brown sugar, and stir. Reduce the heat to medium low, and. let cook for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and combine the ricotta, 2 eggs, 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, and 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Now grab a 9×13, and add a thin layer of meat sauce to the bottom. Next add 3 lasagna noodles on top pf the sauce. Now add a layer of the ricotta mixture, followed by meat sauce, then top with lasagna noodles. Repeat.
- Add a thin layer of the meat sauce on top of the lasagna noodles, then top with 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover bake dish loosely with foil, then place in the oven, and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let the lasagna sit for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Add parsley on top.
- Serve and enjoy!