Low carb zucchini lasagna rolls ups stuffed with seasoned ground beef & ricotta, with spaghetti sauce!
It’s zucchini season, and I have the perfect recipe for you, and your family to enjoy- we’re going to make Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups with Beef & Ricotta Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups with ricotta and beef!
This is a low carb recipe, that is super flavorful. It’s a tad bit time consuming ( as most lasagna recipes), but it is beyond worth the time and effort!
this zucchini roll ups recipe uses simple basic ingredients such as fresh zucchini, onions, Italian seasonings, spaghetti sauce, and more.
Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups with Beef & Ricotta
- 1 large zucchinis sliced lengthwise
- ½ pound of ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parsley to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add zucchini to a sheet pan and bake for 5-10 minutes, remove and gently remove excess water with a paper towel. (Once zucchini has slightly cooled.)
- Put zucchini in a plate to the side.
- Over medium high heat, add ground beef, onions, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Brown ground beef, while stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes. Drain excess grease. Set ground beef mixture aside.
- In a bowl, add in ricotta cheese, egg, ½ cup of cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold all ingredients together.
- Add ¾ cup of sauce to the bottom of a baking pan.
- Line zucchini slices, add one tablespoon of ricotta cheese mixture and spread it evenly over zucchini.
- Top with a tablespoon of meat mixture.
- Gently roll zucchini.
- Place zucchini, seam side down onto the pan.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Cover zucchini rolls with cheese and sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden colored.
- Serve & enjoy!