Homemade moist zucchini bread with chocolate chips recipe.
Who’s ready for another zucchini recipe? A few week ago I shared a recipe for zucchini lasagna rolls with beef & ricotta ( which my family LOVES). This time around I’m sharing recipe for moist zucchini bread with chocolate chips!
For this recipe you will need fresh zucchini. Don’t worry about peeling the zucchini, because it’s not necessary!
You will also need the basic baking ingredients such as eggs, flour, baking powder, and etc.We will be using a nice amount of delicious warm spices such as nutmeg, and cinnamon for this amazing homemade zucchini bread. Oh yeah- we will be adding chocolate chips to the bread as well… who doesn’t like chocolate?!
Last but not least, I like to add walnuts to my homemade zucchini bread. If you’re not a fan of walnuts, feel free to leave them out!
Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugars, until smooth.
- Add in zucchini, vanilla, and oil. Whisk gently until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, add in salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Gently mix together, and set aside two tablespoons of flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, add in walnuts and chocolate chips, coat with the two tablespoons of flour mixture.
- Add flour mixture to the zucchini mixture, and whisk together gently (do not overmix it).
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined, and greased bread pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.