Thanksgiving is just another day to me if I don’t have my Corn Bread Dressing. Everyone has their own special recipe for dressing. I Like to keep in nice and simple. This recipe has no meat in it, but you can add if you want. Feel free to adjust this recipe to your taste buds! Want to turn this into a Christmas Dressing? I’d add a can of diced and chopped water chestnuts ( drain the liquid from the can!). Enjoy this dressing with your roast turkey, mashed potatoes, and and collard greens.
Check out the video tutorial.
Old Fashion Cornbread Dressing Recipe
- Loaf of overcook corn bread
- 10 saltine crackers
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 medium size yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 tsp of sage
- 1 tsp of dried parley
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- Crumble your cornbread into a large mixing bowl.
- Add your diced celery and onions, followed by your seasonings.
- Now mix all of the ingredients. Beat eggs in a separate bowl, then pour into the corn bread mixture.
- Pour in your chicken broth and milk and mix.
- Butter your desired pan, then pour in your corn bread dressing mixture.
- Let bake on 350 for 25 minutes.