When I was a kid I used to love making cookies for Santa. Now that I’m a parent, I make sure that my son and I not only make Santa treats, but we make the Reindeers a treat too! Why? Just think about it. Those cute little reindeers put in a lot of work too. They deserve a treat! Wouldn’t you want a reward after hauling a hefty man around the world all night? I know I would! LOL!!!
This reindeer corn recipe is not only delicious, but it’s so easy and fun to make with the kids. My son loves these things, and more than likely your babies will love them too! Try them out.
Reindeer Corn Recipe
- 6 tbsp butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups popped microwave popcorn salted or unsalted
- 1 cup sanding sugar green and/or red
- Melt butter completely in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in 5 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir and melt the marshmallows down completely. Turn off the heat once the marshmallows start to fully melt.
- In a large bowl, add 4 cups of popped popcorn and mix with marshmallows until fully coated.
- Scoop out 1-1 ½ inch popcorn balls and place them onto wax paper to cool.
- Sprinkle popcorn balls with colored sugar (sanding sugar). I used green and red for Christmas colors.
- Allow popcorn balls to cool before putting them out for Santa!