Soft gooey, chocolatey colorful cake batter cookies!
I am a self-proclaimed Cookie Monster. I simply adore cookies. I was on a mission to make some of the best chocolate chip cookies that I’d ever had a couple weeks ago, and I came across an amazing recipe on another blog. I fell in love with the colorfulness ( is that a real word?!) of the chocolate chip cookies that were displayed. What made it even better was that there was cake batter in the cookies! How in the heck do you top that? It’s almost impossible!
I tried the recipe that the blog had, and I must admit, it was sooooo good! I did change a thing or two, but like I said, the cookies were delicious! I love everything about this cookie. It’s soft. It’s chewy. If colorful. It’s amazing!
My son absolutely loved these cookies( he’s 6, so of course anything colorful, with chocolate would knock him off his feet). This recipe is actually easy enough for my little guy to make, with my supervision of course.
Give this recipe a try and tell me what you guys think!
Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sprinkles
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup yellow cake mix any brand
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup sprinkles
- Add room temperature unsalted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a mixing bowl and cream together with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined and set bowl aside.
- In another bowl, add all-purpose flour, yellow cake mix, and baking soda (use a sifter to avoid lumpy cookies!)
- Add butter and sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined using the dough attachment for your hand mixer. (Mixing this by hand with a spoon or spatula works as well, if you don’t have a mixer.)
- Add chocolate chips and sprinkles to the cookie dough.
- Refrigerate cookie dough before baking for at least 2 hours. (You can refrigerate for up to three days, or freeze the dough for later use as well.)
- When ready to bake, place cookie dough on baking sheet. Cookies should be about 1 tbsp of dough. Top dough with a few (2-3) chocolate chips per cookie for a little added chocolately-ness!
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow cookies to set for about 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack and serving.
- Serve & enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk!
Leave a Comment