How to make easy mini cherry pie bites. You only need a few ingredients for this mini pie recipe!
A Fun Recipe for Mini Cherry Pie Bites!
Who loves cherry pie? This girl that’s who! No shame in my game. I love cherry pie in all shapes and form. I love classic cherry pies, cherry pie turnovers, those lil cherry pie crescent rolls with cream cheese filling, I don’t care I love it all! When it comes to making cherry pie, I prefer to make cherry pie bites. Why, because they are super easy, and take very little time & ingredients.
In this post I’m going to show you how to make adorable semi homemade cherry pie bites. All you need 6 ingredients!
While you’re here, check out some of my other dessert recipes!
These mini cherry pie bites are perfect to make for dessert bars, brunch, or potlucks.
Give this mini Cherry Pie Bites Recipe a try and tell me what you think!
Mini Cherry Pie Bites
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 24 slot mini muffin tin, set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the pie crusts into a roughly rectangular shape (about a quarter inch thickness) and cut out 12 three inch rounds.
- Press the dough rounds into the muffin tin and repeat the same process with the other pie crust.
- Combine the cherry pie filling and almond extract. Mix well.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling into the bottom crusts .
- Knead your leftover dough together, and re-roll it out.
- Cut enough 1 1/2 squares to cover each of the pies.
- Slice each dough square into 4 strips and arrange in a lattice like formation over the tops of the pies.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg and water with a fork.
- Using a basting brush, brush the top dough with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the hearts are golden.
- Let cool.
- Serve & enjoy!