Delicious Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry with carrots and onions. It makes the perfect weeknight dish!
Hey there friends! As mentioned in my previous post (- when I visited the farm), my friend Mr. Ray sent me off with a bunch of goodies. Some of it happened to be cabbage, which my family absolutely LOVES. I had several heads of green and red cabbage, so I decided to put them to use, and I made some delicious Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry.
This Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry is so amazing y’all! To get started, I used some Pure Farmland All Natural Uncured Bacon. This is now my go-to bacon because it is all natural, free from antibiotics, preservatives, and MSG. I know I can feel good about serving this savory bacon to my family. First, I fried the bacon, until it as nice and golden brown, then I removed the bacon from the pan. I saved the bacon drippings, and fried the cabbage in it!
I seriously think combining the farm fresh vegetables with Pure Farmland bacon made this dish even better. So definitely use some fresh vegetables from a local farmers market, and Pure Farmland bacon for this Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry for maximum flavor.
Not only did I use the cabbage that I got from the farm, but I also tossed in some of those crisp sweet carrots as well!
I simply served the Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry with some cornbread – and was good to go!
Check out my video tutorial for this Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry, and print the recipe below!
Cabbage & Bacon Stir Fry
- 1 package Pure Farmland Uncured Bacon
- 1 medium head of green cabbage sliced
- 1 medium head of red cabbage sliced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 6 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley OPTIONAL
- First, make sure that all of the vegetables are nice and clean prior to anything else. Then slice and chop the vegetables, and set them to the side.
- Fry the bacon over medium heat until it’s golden & crisp, then remove the bacon from the pan, and set to the side. Then crumble( or cut)
- Keep the bacon drippings in the pan, and start adding in the cabbage.
- Cook the cabbage until it softens up a bit, then sprinkle in the salt and pepper.
- Now add in the onions and carrots, and fold the ingredients.
- Now add in 3/4 of the bacon back to the pan, and mix in with the other ingredients.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Top off with fresh parsley, and the remaining bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!