This easy one-pot Cajun-style fried cabbage is packed with juicy shrimp, crisp bacon, and spicy andouille sausage. Just serve it with some buttery cornbread!
Hey cousins! One of my first viral YouTube videos that gained a lot of attention back in the day was my Southern Fried Cabbage! People really loved the simple ingredients used, and they raved about the flavor after trying the recipe. Since then, I’ve been making fried cabbage in several different ways. Sometimes I like to just fry it with a little oil and peppers. Other times I like to add meat. However, the recipe that my family really goes crazy over is my Loaded Cajun Fried Cabbage!
My Loaded Cajun Fried Cabbage is a family favorite that takes under 45 minutes to make. This one-pot meal is loaded with shrimp, real cajun andouille sausage, bacon, and more!
Ingredients for Fried Cabbage with Bacon and Shrimp
- Cabbage – I use green cabbage and red cabbage. If you’re not a fan of red cabbage, you can just use green cabbage.
- Bacon ends – the bacon ends add a nice smoky flavor to the entire dish. Since bacon ends are on the fatty side, I use the fat rendered from the bacon to fry the other ingredients.
- Andouille sausage – This spicy sausage definitely adds some cajun flavor and plenty of heat. If you’re not a fan of spicy sausage, feel free to replace it with your favorite smoked sausage.
- Shrimp – I used large Red Argentine Shrimp for this recipe because it was on sale! Use your favorite kind of shrimp, or be like me – and get what’s on sale! Just make sure that it’s peeled and deveined and the tails are removed.
- Great Value Seasoning Mix – I just love how convenient it is!! This mix is a combination of onions, peppers, celery, and parsley. Since everything is in the bag and chopped up, it saves me time. Also, it’s really inexpensive.
- Rosamae Seasonings Down By The Bayou – which is my Cajun Seasoning. It adds all the cajun flavor and also adds color to the dish. This blend is perfect for blackening catfish or chicken!
- Rosamae Seasonings Seafood Magic – My brand’s all-purpose seafood seasoning! I use it to season the shrimp.
- Salted Butter – Used along with the Seafood Magic for the shrimp
- Rosamae Seasoning Seasoning Salt
What to serve with Loaded Cajun Fried Cabbage
This one-pot dish is pretty much a meal by itself. However, here are a few ideas to serve on the side.
Cajun Fried Cabbage Video Tutorial
Loaded Cajun Fried Cabbage Recipe
- 1/4 lb bacon ends chopped
- 4 andouille sausage links chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 lb large shrimp I used Red Argentine shrimp, thawed
- 2 tsp Rosamae Seasonings Seafood Magic or your favorite seafood seasoning
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 10 oz bag of great value seasoning mix onions, peppers, celery, and parsley
- 1 medium head green cabbage shredded & washed
- 1 medium head red cabbage shredded & washed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp Rosamae Seasonings Down By The Bayou or your favorite Cajun Seasoning
- 2 ½ tsp Rosamae Seasonings Seasoning Salt or your favorite seasoning salt
- Place a large wok or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chopped bacon ends and fry them until they are nice and golden brown with a little char.1/4 lb bacon ends
- Once the bacon is done, remove it from the pan and place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add in the andouille sausage and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and put the sausage into the large bowl.4 andouille sausage links
- Now add in the Onions, Peppers, Celery, and Parsley mixture. Fry until it is translucent, then toss into the bowl along with the sausage and bacon.10 oz bag of great value seasoning mix
- Next, add in the shrimp and salted butter. Sprinkle in the Seafood Magic, and stir. Cook for about 4 minutes.1 lb large shrimp, 2 tbsp salted butter, 2 tsp Rosamae Seasonings Seafood Magic
- Remove the shrimp from the pan, then place the shrimp in the bowl with the andouille sausage and other ingredients.
- Next, start adding the cabbage into the pot. Once it cooks down a bit, add in some more cabbage.1 medium head green cabbage, 1 medium head red cabbage
- Once all of the cabbage is in the pot/wok, sprinkle in the Down By The Bayou cajun seasoning and stir.2 tsp Rosamae Seasonings Down By The Bayou
- Next add in the andouille sausage and other ingredients that are in the large bowl into the pot along with the cabbage.
- Mix everything, and make sure that the ingredients are well combined.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy with buttery cornbread.