Homemade Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini that can be made with leftover chicken, or store bought rotisserie chicken!
My family, and I love chicken tetrazzini! Like seriously, I think we could eat it everyday.
My recipe for chicken tetrazzini is super easy, because I take a huge shortcut. Whenever I make chicken tetrazzini, I usually use leftover chicken, or I use store bought rotisserie chicken! Those steps alone cut my cooking time in half!
This chicken tetrazzini can be made ahead of time. Also, even though I bake my tetrazzini, you can certainly cook your chicken tetrazzini in the CrockPot!
Simply check out the steps below, and when you get to step number 15, add the ingredients to slow cooker instead of a casserole dish. Instead of baking it for 35 minutes, cook it in the slow cooker on LOW for 2 hours!
Definitely try out this recipe, and be sure to check these dinner ideas out as well
Print this recipe, and follow me on Facebook & Pinterest!
Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
This simple Chicken Tetrazzini is the perfect weeknight meal! Cut down on cook and prep time by using store bought rotisserie chicken. Super easy!
- 2 lbs cooked chicken (shredded( I used store bought rotisserie))
- 4 tbsp butter (salted)
- 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 ½ tbsp minced of garlic
- 1 cup half & half
- ¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb linguini
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup parmesan
- Drizzle 2 tbsp of vegetable oil into a large pan, and turn the heat on.
- Toss in the onions, and cook until they are translucent.
- Next add in the garlic, and stir.
- Remove ingredients from the pan.
- Toss the butter into the pan.
- Once the butter is melted, sprinkle in the all purpose flour.
- Cook until the flour is lightly browned.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth, and half & half, then whisk.
- Reduce the heat to low medium, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering cook the linguini.
- Combine the sauce, chicken, mushrooms, onions, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh basil.
- Combine all the cheeses in a bowl.
- Toss half of the cheese mixture into the bowl with the chicken, and etc.
- Next, add in the pasta, and fold the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly oil a large casserole dish, and add in the pasta.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!