Hello friends! In this video I am demonstrating how I made my delicious Chicken Stuffed Shells. The chicken stuffing is a combination of : chicken, spinach, seasonings, onions, egg, and cheese. I used large Pasta shells, and I cooked them until they were half way done. I stuffed the shells with the chicken mixture, then I placed them into a dish pan that I had poured a premade pasta sauce in. I sprinkle the shells with cheese, then I covered the baking dish with foil. I baked these shells in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
1 bag of jumbo pasta shells
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 cup frozen/fresh spinach
1/2 chopped white onion
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups mozzarella cheese
These Chicken-Stuffed Shells are overflowing with flavor! A simple, low-fat and tasty dinner the whole family will love.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb pasta shells
- ½ white onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (divided in half)
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- On the stovetop, cook 1-½ to 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts in 2 cups of chicken broth over medium-high heat, covered. Cook each side to ensure chicken is fully cooked. Once cooked, set aside.
- Boil 1 lb pasta shells in salted water. Cook until pasta is al dente. Don’t overcook.
- While pasta is cooking, shred chicken.
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl and add white onion and green onions. Mix.
- Add spinach and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Mix.
- Sprinkle in seasoning salt and black pepper. Mix.
- Add egg. Mix.
- Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Using a spoon, stuff pasta shells with chicken filling.
- Place shells on top of sauce.
- Add additional sauce on top of some or all of the shells.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cook in preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!