Honey Jalapeño Mesquite Chicken Breasts with Grilled Pineapple Salsa featuring Kingsford® BBQ Sauce!
Hey friends! I have another BBQ recipe for you to enjoy! This time around we are making honey jalapeño mesquite chicken breasts topped with sweet and spicy grilled pineapple salsa! Sounds amazing right? Well did I mention that we will also be using Kingsford® BBQ sauce?! Yesss – Kingsford® has a variety of delicious BBQ sauces! I’ve had the pleasure of trying several of the flavors, and I loved all of them! My favorite ( as of now anyway..) is Honey Jalapeño Mesquite, which is what we will be using today!
This recipe was passed along to me, so I can’t take the credit. However, I will say that it’s pretty darn easy to make, and absolutely delicious! The star of this recipe is the Kingsford® Honey Jalapeño Mesquite BBQ Sauce, however the salsa is amazing as well!
The salsa combination of diced grilled pineapples, jalapeños, onions, cilantro, and lime. It’s sweet , tangy, and spicy. It pairs wonderfully with the Honey Jalapeño Mesquite BBQ Sauce!
This recipe as a whole is a must try, so be sure to print it out, and try it yourself. Also, be sure to try out the varieties of Kingsford® BBQ sauces!
- 6 pineapple rings
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Kingsford® Honey Jalapeño Mesquite BBQ Sauce
- Build a charcoal fire for direct cooking using Kingsford® Charcoal and preheat the grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pineapple rings on the grill and cook 1 minute on each side or until slightly charred. Remove the pineapple from the grill and dice.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeño, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill over direct heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Coat the chicken breasts liberally with Kingsford® Honey Jalapeño Mesquite BBQ Sauce and allow the sauce to carmelize. Remove the chicken breasts from the grill after 1 minute to avoid burning, and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top each chicken breast with a generous amount of pineapple salsa and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford. The opinions and text are all mine.