Summer is here and everyone is outside grilling. I am actually one of those people that kind of get tired of ribs and and burgers, but I never get tired of chicken. I have so many grilled chicken recipes up my sleeve.
I decided to start off with a really quick and easy grilling recipe, and that would be my Chicken and Pineapple Kabobs. With these kabobs/screwers, we will be using boneless and skinless chicken breast (less fat for all of you that are watching your figures!). We will also create a delicious pineapple juice based marinate. The pineapple juice tenderizes, and sweetens the chicken, and leaves it full of flavor. If you’re planning any parties (especially girls night in… for some reason we ladies love these things!) these are sure to be a hit. Another great thing about this recipe is, if you’re not comfortable with outdoor grills, you can also use your indoor grills, such as your Foreman Grill, and etc. Enjoy this recipe, and don’t forget to leave you comments down below.
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp salt-free poultry seasoning
- 1 12 oz can of pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 large onion white, yellow, or red
- In a bowl, season both sides of chicken breast with poultry seasoning.
- Add in pineapple juice from canned pineapple. (You can use fresh pineapple chunks, but you need about 8-10 oz. of pineapple juice as well!)
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour to marinate chicken.
- Soak kabob sticks in water for about 10-15 minutes to prevent sticks from burning during grilling.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks.
- Chop onions into 1-inch slices.
- Add chicken, pineapple, and onions to kabob sticks, alternating as you go. Start with an onion side on each end of the kabob to keep the chicken and pineapple in place.
- Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray before grilling.
- Grill chicken kabobs for about 10 minutes, flipping regularly, until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!