How to Make Grilled Lemon Chicken
Hey friends! If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been grilling a lot lately! Since posting several BBQ recipes, I’ve had a lot of yall ( and family members) request that I share some low carb, non saucy grilling recipes. Well baby, I have you covered. The other day I made my infamous Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken… Now before you get to rolling your eyes ( I know I’ve been promising to upload it for a few summers now!! ), I made sure that I recorded it this time!!! This chicken is very low carb friendly! I don’t use any sauce, flour, or anything that will make you jump of your low carb wagon. I use very few ingredients, and best of all- unlike many of my other grilling recipes, it’s not very time consuming( 45-50 minutes…. I tried yall).
In the video I will be using my Napoleon Prestige 500 aka Big Daddy! If you don’t have a gas grill, no worries, you can certainly use a charcoal grill. Just be sure to heat your grill to 350 F.
- 2 lbs chicken ( I used legs and thighs)
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil ( you can use vegetable oil instead)
What the video for instructions
Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Add 2 lb chicken legs and thighs to a bowl.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in onion powder, garlic powder and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Using your hands, evenly coat the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a preheated 350-degree grill.
- Grill for a total of 45 minutes, turning chicken every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove from the grill.
- Place on a plate and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley flakes.