Homemade cheesy garlic & herb cornbread that will go great with any soul food or southern meal!
How many cornbread recipes can one have? HUNDREDS if you ask me! With as many southern and soul food dishes, I have plenty of cornbread recipes to choose from. I have everything from buttermilk skillet cornbread, sweet cornbread, to my new favorite – cheesy garlic & herb cornbread!
My homemade cheesy garlic & herb cornbread is made with yellow cornmeal, and all purpose flour. The cornbread batter has a ton of sharp cheddar cheese, and herbs such as thyme, sage, basil, and even marjoram.
Try it out for yourself, and leave me a comment down below! XOXO
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup yellow corn meal
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups milk
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp melted butter, plus more for greasing
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1½ tsp crushed basil leaves
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp chopped marjoram
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- Sift or whisk the flour, corn meal, salt, and baking powder.
- Next add in the eggs, melted butter, oil, and milk.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add in the cheese, garlic, and herbs.
- Fold the ingredients.
- Grease a 9x13, then pour in the cornbread batter.
- Bake on 350 F for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!