How to make BBQ chicken in the slow cooker! Perfectly seasoned with lot’s of smokey flavor!
An Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe!
Hey friends! I have another slow cooker recipe for you to enjoy! This time we are making BBQ chicken in the slow cooker. If you don’t want to grill, or unable to- this is the perfect alternative!
For this recipe I usually use a whole chicken, and cut it into eight pieces. However, you can use whatever pieces that you’d like to use!
While you’re here, check out some of my other BBQ recipes!
Remember to subscribe to my mailing list and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube!
Check out my video tutorial!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp liquid smoked I use hickory flavor
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper if your seasoning salt does not have black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp parsley flakes optional
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce I used my Mango Peach BBQ Sauce
- Make sure that the chicken is nice and clean.
- Drizzle on the olive oil, liquid smoke, and apple cider vinegar.
- Now season the chicken with all of the seasonings, and make sure that the chicken is nicely coated.
- Toss the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, and set on Low.
- Let cook for 4 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet or bake dish with foil, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Brush the BBQ sauce on the chicken
- Place the chicken in the oven, uncovered, and broil until the sauce is nice and sticky.
- Remove from the oven, and add more sauce.
- Place back into the oven until the sauce is sticky.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let cool.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply to Mary Cancel reply