As I planned my holiday series, I noticed that I actually am okay in the turkey department. I mean, goodness- I actually have at LEAST 5 turkey recipes available. I did, however, realize that I didn’t have enough options for those of you that do not like turkey, or simply want an alternative. This Roast Holiday Chicken recipe is perfect! It’s affordable to make, it’s perfect for small and large groups (you can always make more than one!), and it’s FOOLPROOF. Check out the recipe, and the video down below.
Apple Glazed Roasted Chicken
- 6-8 pound Whole Chicken
- 12 oz frozen concentrated apple juice thawed
- 4-5 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp salt free seasoning
- 1 Large Apple
- Clean the chicken thoroughly, and remove all contents from the cavity.
- Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel, then rub the chicken down with salted butter. I also added butter in the cavity.
- Sprinkle on the salt-free seasoning. Make sure you season the whole chicken ( inside and out).
- Stuff the chicken cavity with the apple, then tie the legs of chicken with butcher string.
- Place the chicken in a well-oiled dish with the breast up (or down if you prefer).
- Bake the chicken on 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, and brush the apple juice concentrate onto the chicken.
- Place the chicken bake into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let the chicken sit for about 5 minutes, then serve!