This is seriously the best roasted turkey recipe ever! No Brine, No injections needed! This juicy whole roast turkey is amazing
Everyone wants the best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe ever, but no one wants to brine, inject, and all of that other crazy stuff. Trust me, I feel you! I’m one of those people! I refuse to waste my time on one dish, when I could be making several things! That’s why when it comes to making my thanksgiving turkey, my recipe is simple.
I don’t use a brine, nor do any funny injections. I simply whip up some turkey butter, stuff the turkey’s cavity with a bunch of goodies. Since my Thanksgiving turkey recipe is so easy, I don’t have to fuss over it. I can tend to other dishes such as creamy candied yams, baked mac & cheese, and down home cornbread dressing (Oh yes darlin’, you know how I do!)
***Remember for every 1 pound, cook the turkey for 15 minutes. For an example you have a 8 lb turkey, that will be 2 hours. Also remember to cook the turkey with the breast up!***
Also try these recipes
Watch the tutorial
- 13 lb Whole Turkey everything removed from cavity
- 8 tbsp salted butter softened (not margarine)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 4 large stalks of celery roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large oranges sliced
- 2 large granny smith apple sliced
- 1 large lemon sliced
- 5-6 sprigs of thyme
- First things first. Make sure that you thoroughly wash all of the fruit, veggies, and herbs prior to anything else. Then set to the side.
- Preheat the oven on 350 F.
- Clean the turkey. Make sure that the cavity is emptied, and all of the excess skin if trimmed.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss in the softened butter.
- Sprinkle in the onion powder, garlic powder, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything until it is nice and cream.
- Loosing up the turkey skin by using a spatula.
- Make sure that the skin is loose enough to place your hands underneath.
- Divid the butter mixture in half.
- Rub half of the butter mixture under the turkey skin, and in the cavity.
- Stuff as much of the mixed veggies, herbs, and fruit into the turkey cavity.
- Toss the remaining apples, celery, and etc in the bottom of your roaster pan.
- Once the turkey is stuffed, tie the legs with butcher string.
- Paint the turkey with the remain butter.
- Make sure that you get all surfaces, sides, and the bottom.
- Next place the turkey on a rack, and place it into the roaster. If you don't have a rack you can put the turkey in the center of the fruits, veggies, and herbs.
- Put turkey in the oven, on the lower rack, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and baste.
- Cover the turkey with foil, and cook for another 2 hours and 15 minutes. Remove and baste every hour.
- Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven, baste, cover, and let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.