Cresent rolls filled with taco meat and cheese! Perfect for family nights and parties!
Recently I was on Facebook, and a couple of my friends had shared a recipe for the infamous taco ring. It looked amazing, so I had to try it. One thing that I knew that I’d have to change, for my liking, was the meat. A lot of people had bean making really saucy meat for the filling of their tacos. I personally am not a fan of saucy tacos. Had this been a sloppy joe ring, maybe but its a taco ring! For those of you interested in a saucy meat, I’ve witnessed some people add spaghetti sauce along with the meat, while others added a salsa. I simply kept my meat seasoned, and crumbled and that worked fine for me.
You can serve this ring with all of your favorite taco condiments; sour cream, guacamole, salsa. It seriously depends on you! To make this a complete meal, I added tortilla chips. This was definitely a winner. My family enjoyed it, and requested it for our next movie night. Tell me what you all think.
Cresent Roll Taco Ring
- Two cans of cresent rolls 8 rolls per can
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 medium sized white or yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 large avacado chopped
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced
- Place the ground beef into a pan along with 1/2 of the onions, and brown the meat it over medium high heat.
- Drain the fat from the pan, then sprinkle in the seasonings. Once the meat is completely done, turn off the heat.
- Line a pizza pan with foil, then place the cresent rolls on the pan flat in a circle.
- Place the meat in the middle of the cresent rolls, then sprinkle 1 cups of cheese over the meat.. Gently roll the dough over the meat. Your rolls should form one large ring. ( please watch the video for more details.)
- Bake the Cresent Roll Ring for 10 to 15 minutes on 350 F.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the lettuce, tomatoes, remaining cheese,and avacados in the middle of the ring.
- Feel free to add your favorite taco condiments.
Sarah Alway says
Yum! I love how much you can do with crescent rolls. My friend recently made a breakfast dish kind of the same way, except she put eggs, sausage and cheese inside and then baked it… it was delicious!
I saw you over on Fran’s blog today and wanted to stop by and say hi from a fellow Seattle blogger! 🙂
We love taco rings too. Over the years. I’ve modified the filling quite a bit. I like to saute peppers and onions. Add some black beans, tomatoes and a bit of homemade Spanish Rice. All mixed together withe the hamburger and cheese. I will use a homemade taco seasoning to flavor it all. Do delicious and filling. It’s a great way to sneak in more veggies. Any leftover filling I freeze in 1 cup portions for a quick dinner another night.
Love your videos. Thank you for sharing them.
That sounds delicious!