This classic meatloaf recipe is my families favorite meatloaf recipe. It’s made with oatmeal, without milk, and it’s seasoned to perfection. You’re going to love this traditional meatloaf recipe!
My husband LOVES meatloaf, so if you’re wondering why I have so many meatloaf recipes – That’s why! If I had to pick his favorite meatloaf recipe, I’d have to go with this one. My Classic Meatloaf Recipe!
My husband is forever requesting this classic meatloaf, and I don’t mind because it’s easy to make, and extremely budget friendly!
To get started with this traditional meatloaf recipe, you will need a few basic ingredients such as: ground beef, oatmeal, onions, bell peppers, and spices.
Make sure you dice the onions ,and bell pepper . Then toss it in a mixing bowl with the ground beef, eggs, spices, and etc.
Once everything is in the bowl, use your hands or a kitchen utensil to mix the ingredients.
Your next step will be adding the ground beef mixture into a loaf pan, but make sure you lightly oil the pan first!
Leave the loaf uncovered, then bake it in the oven.
After about 30 minutes or so, remove the meatloaf from the oven, and slather on some ketchup ( or BBQ sauce.. whatever you prefer).
Then bake the meatloaf in the oven, still uncovered, for an additional 20 minutes or so.
Once done, you have yourself the best classic meatloaf recipe!
This meatloaf can be served for dinner year round, even on holidays! So be sure to save this traditional meatloaf recipe!
Looking for some side dish options? Try these!
Print this recipe, and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list for more free recipes!
Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands or a kitchen utensil to combine everything until it's well incorporated.
- Next, lightly oil a loaf pan then stuff in the ground beef.
- Leave the meatloaf uncovered, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Pour the ketchup all over the meatloaf.
- Leave the meatloaf uncovered, then place back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for 8 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to check these out as well!