How to easily make the best southern pecan pie EVER!
Last holiday season southern pecan pie was my most requested recipe. The problem was, it was requested weeks before Thanksgiving, and for those of you that don’t know, I record my holiday recipes months in advance. This year I was sure to add my infamous pecan recipe to my holiday list, and believe it or not, it is so freaking easy to make!
I kept all my busy people in mind while recording this recipe, by using a store bought pie shell. For all of my completely-from-scratch fans, I do have a homemade pie shell recipe available here on iheartrecipes.com!
What makes this pecan pie so good? The ingredients! I’m not stingy with the ingredients. I add lots of pecans, a nice amount of eggs ( because we don’t do the runny custard around here boo boo!), and I use bourbon vanilla extract. I usually buy my bourbon vanilla from Trader Joes. However, I’ve seen it at QFC ( which is a Kroger store) as well. If you can’t find bourbon vanilla, feel free to use regular vanilla.
I also add a dash of ground nutmeg into pie filling! It just balances everything out, and adds a lil more flavor.
Now who’s ready for some of the best darn southern pecan pie ever?
Check out my video tutorial below, and print the recipe!
- 1¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla OR regular vanilla extract
- (1) 9 inch deep dish pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl add in the eggs, and mix until everything is one color.
- Next add in the sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, and nutmeg.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Grab the pie shell, and sprinkle in the chopped pecans.
- Next pour the eggs mixture over the pecans.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet, then put in the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before serving.
- Serve, and enjoy!