Easy sweet & sour meatballs made in under 25 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights!
A Simple Sweet & Sour Meatballs Recipe!
Hey friends! Here is a super easy weeknight recipe for you all to enjoy! We’re making sweet & sour meatballs! The sweet & sour sauce for these delicious meatballs is made of grape jelly and chili sauce. I also use pineapple chunks and lots of colorful peppers and onions. You’re gonna love this recipe!
Try this recipe out for yourself and don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list. Find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for more recipes! I just released a brand new cookbook, Super Soul Food with Cousin Rosie, with many recipes you can’t find anywhere else.
While you’re here, check out some of my other recipes!
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- Package of Cooked Perfect Homestyle Meatballs thawed
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 20 oz canned pineapple chunks in pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped Green onions for garnishing optional
- Add the vegetable oil into a large pan, then place it over medium heat.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, add in the meatballs & cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan, then toss in the onions, and peppers.
- Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients from the pan.
- Add the pineapples, along with the juice into the pan.
- Now add in the grape jelly, sweet chili sauce, and vinegar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Scoop out a 1/2 cup or so of the liquid, then combine it with the cornstarch.
- Stir until lump free, then add it back into the pot.
- Reduce the heat to low
- Toss in the meatballs, onions, and etc.
- Stir the ingredients.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve & enjoy!
Leave a Comment