Easy sweet & sour meatballs made in under 25 minutes. Perfect for busy weeknights!
Hey friends! Here is a super easy weeknight recipe for you all to enjoy! We’re making sweet & sour meatballs! The sweet & sour sauce for these delicious meatballs is made of grape jelly & chili sauce. I also use pineapple chunks, and lots of colorful peppers & onions. You’re gonna love this recipe!
Try this recipe out for yourself & don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list!
- Package of Cooked Perfect Homestyle Meatballs, thawed
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 20 oz canned pineapple chunks, in pineapple juice
- ¼ cup grape jelly
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Chopped Green onions for garnishing , optional
- Add the vegetable oil into a large pan, then place it over medium heat.
- Once the oil is nice and hot, add in the meatballs & cook for 5 minutes or so.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan, then toss in the onions, and peppers.
- Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the ingredients from the pan.
- Add the pineapples, along with the juice into the pan.
- Now add in the grape jelly, and sweet chili sauce.
- Mix until well combined.
- Scoop out a ½ cup or so of the liquid, then combine it with the cornstarch.
- Stir until lump free, then add it back into the pot.
- Reduce the heat to low
- Toss in the meatballs, onions, and etc.
- Stir the ingredients.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve & enjoy!