Who doesn’t like sweet and sour chicken? It’s amongst one of my family favorite foods when ordering out, but who knew it was so easy to make at home! This beginner friendly recipe will quickly become a favorite in your household. It’s perfect for any occasion, and it’s not time consuming. You can make this chicken on your work days, school days, or for a weekend treat.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- Rinse you chicken under cool water, then pat dry.
- Spray a pan or cookie sheet with a nonstick spray, then place the chicken onto the pan.
- Bake the chicken in the oven on 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the sugar, ketchup, red wine vinegar, orange juice, and pepper sauce. Stir.
- Now place the red sauce into a pan, and place in the stove top.
- Turn the burner to medium high, and cook the sauce until it starts to boil. Be sure to stir.
- Remove the sauce from the hot burner, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven.
- WHILE IT'S STILL HOT place the chicken into the sweet and sour sauce.
- Let the chicken sit in the sauce for 5-10 minutes.