The Super Bowl is coming, and everyone will be serving the same old Buffalo wings. Why now step out of the box, and try something different this year? Here are some sweet and tangy basil honey mustard wings. These wings are super easy to make, and believe it or not, you don’t need a whole lot of ingredients to make these yummy sticky wings!
I decided to use party wings when I made these, but you can definitely use whatever chicken pieces that you want! Also, I used Spicy brown mustard. That was indeed my preference, but you should be perfectly fine if you decided to use plain yellow mustard.
The outcome of this chicken is pure delicious! The combination of the honey and brown sugar, make the chicken sweet and sticky. The mustard adds a nice tangy taste. The basil flakes take the chicken to another level.
If you prefer using fresh basil that is fine!
Check out the recipe below.
Basil Honey Mustard Wings
- Preheat the oven on 400 F.
- Season the chicken wings with the Mrs. Dash, and Southwest Seasoning.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mustard, honey, brown sugar, and basil flakes. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Place the chicken into a bake dish then pour the honey mustard over the chicken. Make sure all of the chicken is coated.
- Cover the bake dish, and bake the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the bake dish, then place the chicken back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, then brush the mustard sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, uncovered.