These cookies are a sweet twist on the classic sugar cookie, infused with the freshness of strawberries and the light, festive fizz of champagne, all rolled in sparkling pink sugar for a touch of glamour. They’re soft, chewy, and bursting with a berry flavor that’s perfect for a special occasion or whenever you want to treat yourself to something extra delightful.
Hey Cousins! I have the most amazing cookie recipe to share with you today that’s sure to add a touch of elegance to your dessert spread. These Strawberry and Champagne Sugar Cookies are a true delight, combining the romance of strawberries with the celebratory spirit of champagne, all wrapped up in a sparkle of pink. They’re the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests, and I can’t wait to walk you through the simple steps to create these little gems. Trust me, you’ll want to make a double batch – they’re just that darn good!
Not only do these cookies taste amazing, they’re also eye candy. The soft pink hue, courtesy of the sparkling pink sugar, makes them a beautiful addition to any table setting, and the delicate aroma of strawberries mixed with a hint of champagne is absolutely enchanting. Whether you’re hosting a brunch, a book club, or just looking for a sweet way to end your day, these cookies are the perfect choice. They’re straightforward to make, yet they carry an air of sophistication that will have your guests or family members feeling like they’re indulging in a little luxury. So, let’s roll up our sleeves and get ready to bake a batch of cookies that will be remembered long after the last crumb has been enjoyed.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of champagne
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar (the secret spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Pink sugar for rolling
- Preheat that oven of yours to 350°F. Get your baking sheet all dressed up with some parchment paper – it’s like the red carpet for these cookies.
- In the world of mixing bowls, cream together that butter and sugar until it’s fluffier than a poodle at a dog show. Crack that egg in there and beat it like it owes you money.
- It’s time for the champagne and vanilla to join this soiree. Mix it up until it’s all happily mingling.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt – it’s the backup singers making sure your star shines.
- Now, bring the wet and dry ingredients together for a get-to-know-you session. Mix ’em up until they’re just combined – we’re not trying to build muscles here.
- Fold in those strawberries with the gentleness of a Southern grandma tucking you into bed. Bless their hearts.
- Scoop up that dough, roll it into a ball, and give it a good ol’ roll in that pink sugar. We want these cookies to strut out of the oven looking like they’re ready for their close-up.
- Space out your sugary debutantes on the baking sheet. They need room to blossom.
- Pop ’em in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the edges whisper, “I’m golden, honey.”
- Let them cool for just a tick before you move them to a wire rack. Patience, darling, it’s a virtue.
Strawberry lover? Check these recipes out!
- Strawberry Lemonade Dream Pie
- Strawberry and Jalapeno Pico
- Creamy Strawberry Shortcake Cups
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Print this recipe, and save it for later
Strawberry and Champagne Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (that’s two sticks, now don’t go putting margarine in there, we’re not in the business of making mistakes)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract none of that imitation foolishness
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Pink sugar for rolling because we’re fancy
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F (that’s 175°C for my international friends). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper so those cookies don’t stick.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until it's light and fluffy. Think of it like you're whipping up a cloud made of butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Pour in that champagne and vanilla extract and mix it up. Don’t be shy now, get it all bubbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Don’t overwork it, or you’ll have a cookie tougher than a two-dollar steak.
- Gently fold in those chopped strawberries with love and care, like you’re tucking them into bed.
- Now, take a scoop of dough, roll it into a ball, and then roll that ball in the pink sugar until it’s dressed up and ready to go.
- Place the sugared balls on the prepared baking sheet, giving them room to spread out. You don’t want a cookie controversy on your hands.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until they're just starting to turn golden around the edges. Let them sit for a minute (they're tired, honey) before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.