Autumn is right around the corner, so let’s get started with some true comfort recipes. In this post I will be sharing a recipe for my Sausage Tortilla Soup.
I was inspired to do this dish, because I had a craving for chicken tortilla soup. I was going to make the soup, but when I looked into my deep freezer, I noticed that I had a nice variety of smoked sausages. I decided to put my chipole smoked sausage to use, and pair it with a few other ingredients that I had plenty of. After combining the ingredients, I place all of the contents into a large freezer bag. I labeled the bag, and placed it in my freezer until I was ready to make it ( gotta love those freezer meals!)
This recipe is extremely easy, and just like many of my other Crock Pot recipes, this meal will be great for those busy week days!
Sausage Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 14 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
For Garnishing Your Soup (Use as Much as You'd Like!)
- tortilla strips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- dried parsley flakes
- Chop the sausage in 1/2 -1/4 inch sections
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl (except the chicken broth, and garnishments), and stir until everything is well combined.
- You can place everything in a freezer bag, and freeze until you are ready to use it OR move to the next step.
- Place the ingredients into the Crock Pot, and pour in the chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the Crock Pot, and set it on high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, stir the ingredients, and dish out the soup.
- Garnish the soup with cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, and parsley flakes.