Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe made with fresh tomatoes, heavy cream, garlic, and seasonings!
What’s better than I nice hot creamy bowl of fresh tomato soup during fall or winter? I swear I can’t get enough of it! Especially when the tomato soup is served with a deluxe grilled cheese sandwich! OOH chile’ my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
In this post, I’m going to share a super easy recipe for homemade tomato soup.
How to Make the Most Savory Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
This tomato soup recipe is made with fresh tomatoes, garlic, a little basil, and heavy cream.
Everything is cooked on the stovetop, then tossed into a food processor (blender) to make it super creamy, then transferred back to the pot, to cook some more.
It may sound a tad bit difficult, but I swear this fresh tomato soup recipe is super easy to make!
Want to learn how to make the best creamy soups? Click here for my top 7 tips to make soup creamier!
Print the recipe below, and try it out for yourself. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons of butter salted
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 1/2 lb fresh tomatoes diced ( I used roma tomatoes)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in onions and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, gently add in the rest of the ingredients, except for the heavy cream.
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and partially cover pot for 25-30 minutes, stirring soup occasionally.
- After 25-30 minutes, turn off heat and allow soup to cool slightly for a few minutes.
- Add soup, in batches, to a blender (you may have to move soup into a very large bowl for this process). Puree soup to a creamy consistency, return to the pan. Once all of the soup has been pureed, stir in heavy cream.
- Pour the soup back into the pot, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese, and parsley flakes.
- Serve with crispy bread or crackers.
Try these recipes as well!