Lightly seasoned potatoes with onions, and sweet peppers.
When I was trying to decide on my holiday recipes, I reached out to my fans on Facebook. I asked them what they wanted me to upload for the holidays, and the most popular suggestion was breakfast ideas. I was actually shocked. I was expecting people to ask for cakes, pies, and custards. Instead, my sweeties requested something pretty simple. I actually never thought about adding a lot of breakfast recipe on I Heart Recipes(simply because I didn’t think anyone was interested). Well, I was wrong! So to start this breakfast kick off, I’m going to show you all how I make my Potato O’Brien.
What is potato o’brien? Well if you’re familiar with home fries, skillet potatoes, or breakfast potatoes, it’s pretty much the same thing. Potato O’Brien is a potato dish that usually consist of diced potatoes, peppers, onions, and sometimes other ingredients. The ingredients are usually fried, and served along with other breakfast foods such as bacon, eggs, toast, and etc.
The way I make potato o’brien is pretty easy, and a tad bit different. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I like to make things easy, and there is no exception to this dish. I keep the ingredients to a minimal, and instead of frying the potatoes, and other ingredients – I actually bake them! Watch the video below, and check out the recipe as well.
- Wash the potato, onion, and peppers prior to dicing.
- After dicing the vegetables, place them into a large boil, ad drizzle the olive oil over the ingredients.
- Next, sprinkle in the seasoning salt/ salt free seasoning, ground black pepper, and the paprika and parsley flakes.
- Use your hands, or kitchen utensil to mix the ingredients.
- Place the ingredient into a lightly oiled bake dish.
- Bake, uncovered, on 375 F, for 20 - 25 minutes.
- * check in every 7 minutes or so, and stir the ingredients to prevent anything from burning at the bottom.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a couple minutes, then serve!