I love Potato Salad. Surprisingly I didn’t start loving it until I was an adult. You see, my mom is the potato salad queen! She made it all the time, and I grew bored of it. We had it for holidays, Sunday dinners, and a couple more times throughout the week! It wasn’t until I moved out on my own and made it only on occasions that I really started liking the stuff.
Being the daughter of a Potato Salad Queen, I learned several ways to make potato salad. I actually prefer my salad simple and to the point. I don’t want a million flavors in my ” ‘tato salad”! Here is an amazing potato salad for you and yours to enjoy. Don’t forget to leave me a comment below and let me know what you think!
Rosie’s Amazing Potato Salad
- 2-½ pounds russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup dill relish
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- 1 small red onion chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- ¼ cup plain yellow mustard
- 1-½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika optional for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes optional for garnishing
- Peel the potatoes, rinse under cool water.
- Chop the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot.
- Add the eggs.
- Boil the potatoes and eggs together. (Potatoes and eggs can be cooked separately, if desired.)
- Pour in enough water to cover the potatoes and eggs.
- Place the pot on the burner.
- Boil on high for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs.
- Boil the potatoes for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes. Let cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling, chop the onions and peel and dice the eggs.
- Gently mash the potatoes into slightly smaller chunks.
- Fold the eggs into the potatoes.
- Fold in the onions.
- Fold in the relish.
- Add seasonings and gently fold in.
- Add mustard and mayonnaise, fold in.
- Cover the potato salad and chill for at least one hour.
- Before serving, garnish with paprika and parsley.